Seeds are elements in Farm Heroes Saga. There are three types of seed in this game currently.
Grass seeds almost look like onions and act as a special game element. Together with a water drop, they will create grass on that square and its four neighboring spots (horizontal and vertical). They can also convert other environments like hay, ice, snow, and slime into grass. They are moved like cropsies. Swapping the grass seed to create the grass takes one move to accomplish and the seed will disappear in exchange, however, if the Water Droplet is a required resource of the given stage, the Water Droplet that swaps with it would be collected (together with any bonuses that come with it).
Hay seeds create hay and the playing mechanisms are the same. However, unlike with grass, hay will only be created on that single square. It will provide food (and collection point) for sheep and black sheep in stages where they are a required resource.
Flower seeds create flowers and the playing mechanisms are the same. Like hayseed, it will create only one flower on that square. Appears in stages when Flowers is a required resource.
- Only normal water drop works to grow seeds. Grumpy and bomb variants don't work.
- On levels with few moves, you may think twice before creating some grass that doesn't return much, particularly on the last moves. Levels with seeds require more luck than usual because the first moves need to match and give the necessary grass.
- Grass seeds appear first in level 161, the first level of the 12th episode, Dino District
- Hay seeds appear first in level 461, the first level of the 32nd episode, Pyramid Plaza.
- Flower seeds appear first in level 586, the first level of the 39th episode, Bounty Beach.